Saturday, March 7, 2009

Final Presentations and Online Portfolios

Out of the final presentations that were presented, I enjoyed Kyle Cook's the best. Kyle did a presentation on the "Top 5 Clemson Dunks from 2008/2009 Season." I thought this was a very relevant topic since basketball season is coming to an end and we have already played our final home game of the season. I am a pretty big basketball fan and if I can't be at the game, and it's televised, I'm watching it! I enjoy pretty much anything "Clemson." It's something about the school pride and spirit that runs through my blood! So with that being said, this was a great topic for me to relate to! I saw all the dunks that he presented in person except for the dunks that were at the University of South Carolina. I would have to agree that his presentation was pretty accurate with those being some of the best dunks this year! I really enjoyed the media that accompanied his presentation. He did not just stand up in front of the class and show us pictures of the players and tell about their dunk, but he found the actual video clips to go with each dunk. Kyle did a very good job at incorporating visual aids in with his presentation.

I have only created one online portfolio in my entire life and that was for BIOL120 my Freshman year. In my BIOL120 class, we had to create a portfolio and keep all our documents in it so we had an online portfolio at the end of the year. This portfolio was then graded by our professor as a percentage of our final grade. This portfolio was simply an e-portfolio that was hosted by BlackBoard. We did not use any external websites to produce this portfolio, just BlackBoard. That worked out well because it helped me get a jump-start on creating my e-portfolio which I have to create through Clemson in order to graduate. A link to my BIOL120 e-portfolio is located here. I thought that the BIOL120 portfolio was fairly easy to create; thus making it a positive experience with using an online portfolio. I think it is a lot easier to create a portfolio online rather than a hard copy portfolio. With an online portfolio, you can keep it for a long time and share it with as many people as you would like. The hardest part for me was just figuring out how to get everything uploaded onto the website and linked to the right category. For this online portfolio, I don't know if I will need any additional help with figuring out how to work everything. What I might like to see is an example of what you expect our portfolio to look like when we get through with it. This would give me an idea on how I need to arrange my online portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment