Friday, February 27, 2009

Class Presentations

I have really enjoyed listening to the various presentations that have been presented so far! I am looking forward to Monday when I get to present my presentation. The presentation I liked the most was the "Top 5 Best Real Men of Genius." There were a couple reasons why I enjoyed this presentation. The main reason I enjoyed this presentation is because I was laughing almost the whole time. The second reason I enjoyed this presentation is because in high school, I downloaded every Real Men of Genius commercial ever created and listened to them all. So this topic was appealing to me since I have had interest in it before. I don't know that I actually learned anything from this presentation. I learned little facts about the company like changing the commercials from Real American Heroes to Real Men of Genius after 9/11. I also learned many other little interesting facts. Bryson was an effective speaker because he brought humor into his presentation. He was able to effectively use the PowerPoint and audio, while also being able to speak about the subject. He did not rely completely on his PowerPoint, but let his PowerPoint supplement his presentation.

The second presentation that I really enjoyed was the "soccer celebrations" by Keegan Priest. I found this presentation very appealing since I have played soccer for practically my whole life. The presentation was also humorous, which made it more enjoyable. I can personally relate to this presentation because growing up around soccer, I have seen many of these celebrations first hand. I learned many new styles of celebrating in soccer that I had previously never heard of. One of my favorite new celebration styles that I learned from Keegan's presentation is putting on a mask after you score a goal and running around. I thought that Keegan was an effective speaker because he incorporated humor in telling the facts about how to "celebrate" in soccer. He could have just stood up at the podium and spoke about being people doing dances, flips, wearing costumes, etc. But instead of doing this, Keegan added videos and pictures that gave the class examples of what he was talking about.

The third presentation that I really enjoyed was the "Coffee Options" presentation. I will be the first to tell you that I do not like coffee at all. I guess it is this strong dislike for coffee that made this presentation interesting to me. This presentation was enjoyable because it informed me on information that I previously did not know or understand. Since I had no background with understanding the different types of coffee, I was drawn into listening more about the various types of coffee. I can definitely say that after listening to the presentation, I am much more knowledgeable about the various options you have when ordering coffee. I found that the presenter was very knowledgeable about the subject, which helped me to establish creditability. The presenter showed that she had much knowledge about coffee and the various options when ordering coffee. It is this credibility and knowledge that helped the presenter to be effective. I also feel that this presenter was effective because her PowerPoint slides were a good mix between facts, statements, and pictures. By adding pictures into the presentation, she gave variety to the presentation. This variety in the presentation kept the audience from getting bored with the presentation.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks jimmy for the compliment. I enjoyed your presentation today on the top 5 tropical vacation spots. It was very informative.

    ReplyDelete