Saturday, April 18, 2009

Put Technology To Work!

I feel that my group could not have completed this project without the help of technology. We used technology throughout the entire project. We originally started using our "Group Page" in BlackBoard to post our meeting Agenda. Since I was the person responsible for doing the secretarial work, I was responsible for posting these type items to BlackBoard. Once I posted the Agenda (or Minutes) to BlackBoard, I would send out an e-mail through the BlackBoard website to the rest of my group. This email would alert the rest of my group to let them know that I posted a new article on BlackBoard. My group members could then login to their BlackBoard site and see the article I posted. I did this same process for the Minutes that I posted for my group.

I feel that e-mail played a very important role in our group, even outside of alerting group members of new articles posted on BlackBoard. If a group member missed a group meeting, they would often e-mail some of the other members of the group to see what they needed to get done and what they missed in class. We would also use e-mail to send different drafts of items before we completed them and posted them to BlackBoard for the entire group to see.

My group did not hold any virtual meetings, but a lot of our work was done through online by e-mailing one another with item drafts and communicating. If it was not for BlackBoard and e-mail on this project, our group would have had to complete all our work in the classroom. This would be very difficult since my group did a large majority of our work outside of the classroom. It is very rare that we completed items inside the classroom. Most of the items we completed were delegated out in class and then completed by an individual on his/her own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment